Sunday 18 December 2011

Christmas week

Juggling, juggling and more juggling! Toss in some editing for my book (Cassandra's Secret), along with getting final preparations for Christmas done. Finish buying gifts for the family, get organised for the last music class at a local childcare centre and do the housework. Oh, and don't forget the hairdresser's appointment. How can I fit it all in?
It's during these frantic times I sometimes forget to be thankful to God for my health, family, friends, work, imagination to be able to write and all the other 'busyness' of my day.
This Christmas I want to stop all my panicky urgency and rest quietly in God.
I know I will get the book edited - eventually. I will get to the class. Christmas presents and decorations will fit in somewhere along the line, as well as the visit to the hairdresser.
Let us relax and remember what Christmas is about. The birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Wonderful, Counsellor, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.
May your Christmas be filled with love, joy and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment