Tuesday 24 January 2012

January 2012

I run my own music company, teaching music to teachers and running workshops with young children. As we enjoy our summer holidays, January becomes a time for renewing the body, mind and spirit.
This January I had the privilege of staying at a friend’s place. She lives on a raspberry farm, tucked into a sheltered nook, one third the way up Mt. Wellington in Tasmania.  The area reminded me of Rosie Boon’s book Where Lions Roar At Night. If you haven’t read this book, I recommend it to you. It’s a children’s book, but I was totally enthralled by their family adventure.
I could just imagine having many adventures on this farm: traipsing up and down the hills, having picnics in secret hiding places, camping in one of the old picker’s huts, staying inside on a cold day, enjoying the fire. I have to tell you we needed the fire a couple of days. We had beautiful days of 24 C and then some days that were very cold. The day I left, it was only 8 C. I believe it was only 2 C at the top of Mt, Wellington. I’m glad I didn’t go there. I only had summer clothes with me.
A stream meandered its way down the mountainside to a picturesque dam, ready to provide the two farm houses with fresh water. Raspberry vines dripped with ripe raspberries. Yum! Yostaberries, Kentish Cherries, loganberries, gooseberries, red currants and black currants plants transform the hillside into a gourmet delight.
I’m so glad to have had this experience. It has been etched into my mind, providing a delightful background for possible future stories. I marvel at the beauty God provides us with, not to mention the delight for our tastebuds with the tart summer fruits.
I’m feeling renewed and revigorated ready to keep editing my book, grateful to God for this wonderful experience. Did you have the chance to recover, to renew and be refreshed? I hope so.
Until next time,
Blessings, Heather

2 comments:

  1. Lovely poetic writing Heather! I'd like to say i am refreshed and rearing to go but . . . always stuff happening in my neck of the woods, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouraging comments. I'm sorry you weren't able to be refreshed, but I hope you are enjoying all the things happening around you.

      Delete